Parts of Speech - Pronouns
Indefinite pronouns are pronouns that do not point out specifically. They point out generally. They include such words as another, any, anybody, anyone, anything, both, each, either, everybody, everyone, everything, many, neither, nobody, none, no one, one, other, others, some, somebody, and someone.
Instructions: Find the indefinite pronouns in the following sentences.
1. Everybody loves someone sometime.
2. Both of the students should hand in everything they have completed.
3. I didn't see anyone I knew.
4. If no one helps others, nothing gets done.
5. Somebody said that one should touch neither of them.
--For answers scroll down.
1. everybody, someone
2. both, everything
4. no one, others
5. somebody, one, neither
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search