Mechanics - Capitalization
Capitalize the specific name of buildings and other man-made structures, ships, trains, and planes. Examples: the White House, Mayflower, Amtrak, Concorde
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. One famous airplane is the spirit of st. louis.
2. The reading railroad and the shortline were trains found in atlantic city.
3. The empire state building used to be the tallest building in the united states.
4. The washington monument and the lincoln memorial are being renovated.
5. The nina, pinta, and the santa maria are ships known to all americans.
--For answers scroll down.
1. Spirit of St. Louis
2. Reading Railroad/Shortline/Atlantic City
3. Empire State Building/United States
4. Washington Monument/Lincoln Memorial
5. Nina/Pinta/Santa Maria/Americans
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search