Mechanics - Capitalization
Capitalize epithets (a word or phrase accompanying or occurring in place of the name of a person or a thing). Example: the Lone-Star State Capitalize personifications (giving human attributes to inanimate objects). (Authors disregard this rule often.) Example: The Computer thought hard about the problem.
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. The lone-star state is texas.
2. florence nightengale is called the lady of the lamp.
3. The bears of colorado are being starved by nature.
4. The cruel hunger looked up from all the empty shelves.
5. In every face happiness smiled.
--For answers scroll down.
1. Lone-Star State (epithet)/Texas
2. Florence Nightengale/Lady of the Lamp (epithet)
3. Colorado/Nature (personification)
4. Hunger (personification)
5. Happiness (personification)
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search