Mechanics - Capitalization
Capitalize epithets (a word or phrase accompanying or occurring in place of the name of a person or a thing). Example: the Lone-Star State
Capitalize personifications (giving human attributes to inanimate objects). (Authors disregard this rule often.) Example: The Computer thought hard about the problem.
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. The lone-star state is texas.
2. florence nightengale is called the lady of the lamp.
3. The bears of colorado are being starved by nature.
4. The cruel hunger looked up from all the empty shelves.
5. In every face happiness smiled.