Mechanics - Capitalization Review
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. "yes," eric yelled, "we are glad that grandpa and grandma like trips."
"Yes," Eric yelled, "we are glad that Grandpa and Grandma like trips."
2. yesterday i went with mother to see miss lomack, our dentist.
Yesterday I went with Mother to see Miss Lomack, our dentist.
3. In the ensign magazine i found an article about mohammedanism and christianity in the middle east.
In the Ensign magazine I found an article about Mohammedanism and Christianity in the Middle East.
4. "there was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile,
he found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;"
"There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;"
5. Did you know that professor phillips studied brahmanism in india?
Did you know that Professor Phillips studied Brahmanism in India?
Links to related lessons:
abbreviations, Lesson 317
calendar references, Lessons 306 & 315
common nouns, Lesson 305
cultural references, Lesson 309
direct quotations, Lesson 322
directions, Lesson 307
epithets, Lesson 320
first word of sentence, Lesson 301
geographic references, Lesson 310
I, Lesson 302
names, Lessons 304, 311, 312, 313, 314, & 318
personification, Lesson 320
poetry, Lesson 323
proper adjectives, Lesson 325
proper nouns, Lessons 304 & 311
religious references, Lesson 308
salutation of letters, Lesson 324
school subjects, Lesson 319
titles, Lesson 316 & 321