Mechanics - Capitalization Review
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. The train santa fe express will arrive at 1:35 p.m., but the plane will arrive at 11:25 a.m.
The train Santa Fe Express will arrive at 1:35 P.M., but the plane will arrive at 11:25 A. M.
2. julius caesar, the roman general, was born about 100 b.c.
Julius Caesar, the Roman general, was born about 100 B.C.
3. have you read the poem "the road not taken" or the book a farewell to arms?
Have you read the poem "The Road Not Taken" or the book A Farewell to Arms?
4. The first five books of the old testament are known as the pentateuch.
The first five books of the Old Testament are known as the Pentateuch.
5. my mother uses liberty gold pineapple in several dishes.
My mother uses Liberty Gold pineapple in several dishes.
Links to related lessons:
abbreviations, Lesson 317
calendar references, Lessons 306 & 315
common nouns, Lesson 305
cultural references, Lesson 309
direct quotations, Lesson 322
directions, Lesson 307
epithets, Lesson 320
first word of sentence, Lesson 301
geographic references, Lesson 310
I, Lesson 302
names, Lessons 304, 311, 312, 313, 314, & 318
personification, Lesson 320
poetry, Lesson 323
proper adjectives, Lesson 325
proper nouns, Lessons 304 & 311
religious references, Lesson 308
salutation of letters, Lesson 324
school subjects, Lesson 319
titles, Lesson 316 & 321