Mechanics - End Punctuation
Use an exclamation point to end an exclamatory sentence or any strong exclamation. (A strong exclamation is called an interjection.) Many exclamations begin with how or what.
Instructions: Put the needed punctuation in each of these sentences.
1. What a game that was
2. Wow Our team won in the last minute
3. How lovely your Christmas decorations are
4. Oh I need to hurry
5. What I did exactly what you asked
--For answers scroll down.
1. What a game that was!
2. Wow! Our team won in the last minute!
3. How lovely your Christmas decorations are!
4. Oh! I need to hurry!
5. What! I did exactly what you asked.
(Any sentence can have an exclamation point if you want to say it in that way.)
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search