Parts of Speech - Adjectives
VerbVerbs show action or state of being. Most verbs are action words, but a few verbs indicate state of being or existence.
Source: Lesson 1 forms can also be used as adjectivesAdjectives modify or affect the meaning of nouns and pronouns and tell us which, whose, what kind, and how many about the nouns or pronouns they modify.
Source: Lesson 31. They are called participial adjectives.
the lost mine
the howling wolf
Instructions: Pick out the adjectives in these sentences.
1. The soaking rain caused much damage.
2. The broken dish cut the crying girl.
3. A great work was done by the person with a giving spirit.
4. The laughing hyena was sleeping in its cage.
5. The eager student found the torn book.