Mechanics - Punctuation - Commas
Use a comma after an introductory participial phraseA participle is a verbal used as an adjective. A participial phrase is made up of a participle and any complements.
Source: Lesson 222.
Feeling hot, the boy ran to the refrigerator for a drink.
Instructions: Place commas where they are needed.
1. Needing help immediately I dialed 911.
2. Having seen the final act I started to cry.
3. Thinking back on her life the woman was very thankful.
4. Having done his very best the boy stood tall and happy.
5. Desiring to be accepted Larry did some unusual things.