Mechanics - Punctuation - Commas
Use a comma to set off a short clauseA clause is a group of words having a subject and a verb.
Source: Lesson 246 at the end of the sentence to change a statement into a question or an exclamatory sentenceAn exclamatory sentence shows strong feeling. Declarative, imperative, or interrogative sentences can be made into exclamatory sentences by punctuating them with an exclamation point. Example: The assignment is due tomorrow!
Source: Lesson 91. Example: You are going to town, aren't you?
Instructions: Place commas where they are needed.
1. That should make them take notice shouldn't it!
2. This is a beautiful location isn't it?
3. Becky is a living miracle isn't she!
4. Joe was here this morning wasn't he?
5. The new player really tries doesn't he!