Mechanics - Punctuation - Quotation Marks
Use quotation marks around the exact words of a speaker. Example: He said, "I saw that." "I saw it too," she said.
Instructions: Use quotation marks where needed in these sentences.
1. I wish the election were over, said Fred.
2. Will they finish this week? asked Frida.
3. Willard added, It is becoming a joke.
4. We can now see that every vote counts, concluded Sara.
5. Yes, we know that we should vote every time, commented Jeff.
--For answers scroll down.
1. "I wish the election was over," said Fred.
2. "Will they finish this week?" asked Frida.
3. Willard added, "It is becoming a joke!"
4. "We can now see that every vote counts," concluded Sara.
5. "Yes, we know that we should vote every time," commented Jeff.
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search