Mechanics - Punctuation - Colons
Instructions: Place colons where needed.
1. The statement from "Gargantua" "Half the world does not know how the other half lives." is still true today.
2. I recall Emerson's words "If a man can write a better book, preach a better sermon, or make a better mouse-trap than his neighbor, though he builds his house in the woods, the world will make a beaten path to his door."
3. I am concerned about my mother. She is not eating enough.
4. The meeting must include the following people Mark, Jay, Chris, and Rulon.
5. My daughters-in-law are Martha, Mary, Jane, and Jen.
No colon needed. (predicate nominatives)