Mechanics - Punctuation - Italics & Underlining
Italicize foreign words not yet accepted as part of the language in which you are writing.
Do this tout de suite.
Material that is italicized in print or by computer is underlined in typewritten or hand written work.
Instructions: Italicize those words which need italics in these sentences.
1. Sarah likes the expression tout a fait.
2. Have you ever noticed how tempus fugit?
3. Everyone has heard c'est la vie.
4. Tanto faz is my favorite foreign phrase.
5. Some people always have to have the dernier cri.