Mechanics - Punctuation - Italics & Underlining
Italicize figures, letters, signs, and words referred to as words.
How many j 's are there in your brother's name?
Material that is italicized in print or by computer is underlined in typewritten or hand written work.
Instructions: Italicize those words, figures, letters, or signs which need italics in these sentences.
1. Have you crossed your t's and dotted your i's?
2. I am tired of all your answers being wait.
3. Do not use &'s in place of and's in your paper.
4. Your m's look like w's most of the time.
5. There are three 5's in her phone number.