Mechanics - Punctuation - Apostrophes
If the indefinite pronoun is followed by "else", then that word takes the apostrophe. Example: Somebody else's lock is on my locker.
Instructions: Supply the apostrophes and "s" ('s) to make the possessives in the following sentences.
1. Someone else effort caused the needed result.
2. We should always be aware of somebody else pain.
3. Everyone else coat has been hung up.
4. Does anyone else need mean anything to you?
5. No one else houses were damaged by the storm.
--For answers scroll down.
1. Someone else's effort caused the needed result.
2. We should always be aware of somebody else's pain.
3. Everyone else's coat has been hung up.
4. Does anyone else's need mean anything to you?
5. No one else's houses were damaged by the storm.
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search