Mechanics - Punctuation - Apostrophes
Use the apostrophe with expressions of time, space, and amount. Example: He bought a dollar's worth of ice cream.
Instructions: Supply the apostrophes to make the possessives in the following sentences.
1. You are to be here in two hours time.
2. Can you spare a moments time to help me?
3. That store sells a quarters worth of candy for a dime.
4. The child had three pennies worth of candy in his sack.
5. To finish this job will take four days work.
--For answers scroll down.
1. You are to be here in two hours' time.
2. Can you spare a moment's time to help me?
3. That store sells a quarter's worth of candy for a dime.
4. The child had three pennies' worth of candy in his sack.
5. To finish this job will take four days' work.
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search