Mechanics - Punctuation - Hyphens
Use a hyphen with compounds beginning with the prefix self. Example: self-centered
Instructions: Supply hyphens where they are needed in these sentences.
1. That man is very self reliant in all he does.
2. To succeed you must become less self indulgent.
3. To lose weight I must be self disciplined in my eating habits.
4. He started his college career with great self determination.
5. He refused to answer the questions because of self incrimination.
--For answers scroll down.
1. That man is very self-reliant in all he does.
2. To succeed you must become less self-indulgent.
3. To lose weight I must be self-disciplined in my eating habits.
4. He started his college career with great self-determination.
5. He refused to answer the questions because of self-incrimination.
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search