Parts of Speech - Adverbs
These sentences have adverbs that modify the verb and tell us when.
Instructions: Find the adverbs and tell what they modify.
1. As the car caught fire, he jumped immediately from it.
- immediately modifies jumped
2. Daily I go to the gym for exercise.
- Daily modifies go
3. The campfire was glowing later to our surprise.
- later modifies was glowing
4. We will now finish the assignment.
- now modifies will finish
5. The work will be done tomorrow.
- tomorrow modifies will be done