Parts of Speech - Adverbs
These sentences have adverbs that modify the verb and tell us when.
Instructions: Find the adverbs and tell what they modify.
1. As the car caught fire, he jumped immediately from it.
-- immediately modifies jumped
2. Daily I go to the gym for exercise.
-- Daily modifies go
3. The campfire was glowing later to our surprise.
-- later modifies was glowing
4. We will now finish the assignment.
-- now modifies will finish
5. The work will be done tomorrow.
-- tomorrow modifies will be done