Parts of Speech - Adverbs
These sentences have adverbs that tell us where, and they modify the verb.
Instructions: Find these adverbs and tell what they modify.
1. The fighter moved forward to meet his opponent.
2. There went the boy for some fun.
3. Sit here in this comfortable chair.
4. We are playing outside.
5. Where have you been?
--For answers scroll down.
1. forward modifying the verb moved
2. there modifying the verb went
3. here modifying the verb sit
4. outside modifying the verb are playing
5. where modifying the verb have been
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2012 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search