Parts of Speech - Adverbs
These sentences have adverbs that tell us how much, and they modify other adverbs.
Instructions: List those adverbs and what they modify.
1. The carpenter worked somewhat cautiously.
2. The project was moving rather slowly.
3. The amusement ride was much too fast for me to try.
4. The program lasted much too long for Paul.
5. Halloween was too far away for little Jim.
--For answers scroll down.
1. somewhat modifying the adverb cautiously which modifies the verb worked
2. rather modifying the adverb slowly which modifies the verb was moving
3. much modifying the adverb too which modifies the adjective fast
4. much modifying the adverb too which modifies the adjective long
5. too modifying the adverb far, and far modifying the adverb away which modifies the verb was
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search