Quiz for Lessons 126 - 130
Parts of the Sentence - Appositives
Instructions: Identify the appositives in the following sentences and tell whether they are appositives to subjects, direct objects, or predicate nominatives.
1. Rome, the capital of Italy, is a very large city.
2. Have you ever visited Lagoon, our biggest amusement park?
3. The woman with the hat, the viola player, is my sister-in-law.
4. Those women are Elaine and Marilyn, my two sisters.
5. Mr. Gayle, our sponsor, will show you around.
Instructions: Combine the following sentences by using an appositive.
6. Mrs. Karren is greeting the guests. They are possible buyers.
7. Have you met our new foreman? He is the tall man in the coveralls.
8. Watch out for Main Street. It is a very slick road.
9. The Lewises provided the entertainment. They showed home movies.
10. The cargo was very precious. It was gold and silver.