Quiz for Lessons 16-20
Parts of Speech - Nouns
Instructions: Pick out the nouns in the following sentences and tell whether they are common or proper.
1. Mrs. Mills told the officer at the post office to weigh the package.
2. The principal at the school held Eric after the bell.
3. Sheep and horses eat grass shorter than cattle.
4. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are important to Americans.
5. War is a terrible thing that all nations should work to stop.
--For answers scroll down.
1. Mrs. Mills - proper; officer, post office, package - common.
2. Eric - proper; principal, school, bell - common
3. Sheep, horses, grass, cattle - common
4. Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Americans - proper
5. War, thing, nations - common
DAILY GRAMMAR - - - - by Mr. Johanson
Copyright 2014 Word Place, Inc - - All Rights Reserved.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our
lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.shtml. Our lessons are
Daily Grammar Lessons Search