Quiz for Lessons 21-25
Parts of Speech - Pronouns
Instructions: Find the personal pronouns. Tell if they are intensive, reflexive, or possessive, and if they have an antecedent, name it.
1. I want you yourself to come tomorrow.
-- yourself - intensive pronoun
-- you is the antecedent for yourself
2. The decision itself is yours to make.
-- itself - intensive pronoun
-- yours - possessive pronoun
-- decision is the antecedent for itself
3. She gave herself up to the police.
-- herself - reflexive pronoun
-- She is the antecedent for herself
4. My brother gave me his pet snake.
-- My and his - possessive pronouns
-- brother is the antecedent for his
5. You can tie your shoe by yourself.
-- your - possessive pronoun
-- yourself - reflexive pronoun
-- You is the antecedent for your and yourself.