Quiz for Lessons 226 - 230
Parts of the Sentence - Verbals - Participles
Instructions: Combine these sentences using a participial phrase.
1. I strolled down the lane. I was enjoying the fragrant air.
2. My dog wanted his meal. He was begging at my feet.
3. The contestant crossed her fingers for luck. She hoped it was the right answer.
4. The paramedic leaned over the victim. He was checking for vital signs.
5. The man shouted for help. He was hanging on the side of the boat.
Instructions: Rewrite these sentences so the participial phrase is used correctly.
6. Drinking in gulps, the pitcher was emptied.
7. Convinced of my honesty, I was allowed to leave.
8. Watching the sunset, the evening was beautiful.
9. Hanging in the closet, I found my new suit.
10. We saw several caves walking through the mountains.