Quiz for Lessons 326 - 330
Mechanics - Capitalization
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. homer wilson, d.d.s. graduated from the university of utah in salt lake city for his b.s.
Homer Wilson, D.D.S. graduated from the University of Utah in Salt Lake City for his B.S.
2. "i forgot, dad," said sam, "whether i told you about my new boat sea fox."
"I forgot, Dad," said Sam, "whether I told you about my new boat Sea Fox."
3. the letter began, "dear mother," and ended with "your
The letter began, "Dear Mother," and ended with "Your loving son."
4. the new brigham young university catalogue doesn't list psychology or greek classes.
The new Brigham Young University catalogue doesn't list psychology or Greek classes.
5. the john deere company makes several models designed by edward james, jr.
The John Deere Company makes several models designed by Edward James, Jr.
6. was beethoven's ninth symphony played by the n.b.c. symphony
orchestra last march?
Was Beethoven's Ninth Symphony played by the N.B.C. Symphony Orchestra last March?
7. the president of the united states chooses his cabinet which the senate must confirm.
The President of the United States chooses his Cabinet which the Senate must confirm.
8. whether we go at 11:50 a.m. or 12:05 p.m. to the bay of biscay in a.d. 2000 is fine.
Whether we go at 11:50 A.M. or 12:05 P.M. to the Bay of Biscay in A.D. 2000 is fine.
9. the magazine ebony and the book who shook the tree are being read by e. h. monroe.
The magazine Ebony and the book Who Shook the Tree are being read by E. H. Monroe.
10. have mother and dad both sailed on the queen mary for barbados?
Have Mother and Dad both sailed on the Queen Mary for Barbados?
Links to related lessons:
abbreviations, Lesson 317
calendar references, Lessons 306 & 315
common nouns, Lesson 305
cultural references, Lesson 309
direct quotations, Lesson 322
directions, Lesson 307
epithets, Lesson 320
first word of sentence, Lesson 301
geographic references, Lesson 310
I, Lesson 302
names, Lessons 304, 311, 312, 313, 314, & 318
personification, Lesson 320
poetry, Lesson 323
proper adjectives, Lesson 325
proper nouns, Lessons 304 & 311
religious references, Lesson 308
salutation of letters, Lesson 324
school subjects, Lesson 319
titles, Lesson 316 & 321