Quiz for Lessons 61-65
Parts of Speech - Adverbs
Instructions: Find the adverbs and tell what they modify in the following sentences.
1. After the hike my muscles were extremely tired and very sore.
-- extremely modifies tired
-- very modifies sore
2. Yesterday I had hardly completed my very hard assignment when I was rudely interrupted.
-- Yesterday and hardly modify had completed
-- very modifies hard
-- rudely modifies was interrupted
3. Gradually everyone reached the top of the mountain they had climbed before.
-- Gradually modifies reached
-- before modifies had climbed
4. Just now he remembered his rather important assignment.
-- Just modifies now
-- now modifies remembered
-- rather modifies important
5. Often you go too far with your jokes.
-- Often modifies go
-- too modifies far
-- far modifies go