Quiz for Lessons 71 - 75
Parts of Speech - Prepositions
Instructions: Find the prepositional phrases in these sentences. Remember the object must be a noun or a pronoun.
1. Joe came out in a real hurry.
2. The wind arrived before the storm.
3. The tiger leaped over the wall and into the bushes.
4. The boy with the skateboard hurried down the street and into the building.
5. I took a trip to Canada and Mexico.
6. My wife traveled to the glaciers of the Grand Tetons.
7. By the light of the silvery moon, the man on his knees begged for forgiveness.
8. Under the shade of the apple tree, I read my book in peace.
9. She had lost the name of the book about airplanes.
10. The sentences in this lesson are difficult for me to write.