Mechanics - Capitalization
Capitalize names of countries, nationalities, races, languages, and adjectivesAdjectives modify or affect the meaning of nouns and pronouns and tell us which, whose, what kind, and how many about the nouns or pronouns they modify. They come before the noun or pronoun they modify. Source: Lesson 151 derived from them.
Germany, Swedes, Indians, French, English countryside
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. The germans destroyed some of the english landscape during the war.
2. The french wines are famous in the united states and mexico.
3. Most blacks in the United States prefer the term african-american, and many orientals prefer to be called asian.
4. many japanese customs are strange to us.
5. The finns and the russians live across the sea from each other.