Mechanics - Punctuation - Commas
Use a comma or commas to set off the abbreviations Jr., Sr., and Esq.
Carl Harris, Jr., is here now.
Instructions: Place commas where they are needed in these sentences.
1. I met Count Dracula Sr. the famous ghoul.
2. The letter was sent to Sir Thomas Mason Esq.
(There is no comma needed when used at the end of a sentence.)
3. Did you see Reed Fitzgerald Jr. starring in that television show?
4. Mr. Sam Adams Sr. and Michael Gold Jr. race cars for a living.
5. Andrew Paskett Esq. was featured in the latest magazine issue.