Mechanics - Punctuation - Italics & Underlining
Italicize titles of books; of long plays and long poems; of periodicals, newspapers, and magazines.
Material that is italicized in print or by computer is underlined in typewritten or hand written work.
Instructions: Italicize those words which need italics in these sentences.
1. At the doctor's office I read from two magazines, Time and Newsweek.
2. I take two daily newspapers, the Daily Herald and the Deseret News.
3. I love Dickens's story of the French Revolution A Tale of Two Cities.
4. When in San Francisco, I saw the famous play Les Miserables.
5. Have you read the long poem The Idylls of the King?