Mechanics - Punctuation - Hyphens
Use a hyphen to show the omission of a connecting word.
chapters 1-5 (through omitted)
Instructions: Supply hyphens and omit the words where they are needed in these sentences.
1. We studied the Franco and Prussian War in our history class.
2. For tomorrow read chapters 6 to 9 in your geography book.
3. The decade 1950 through 1959 was a great time to grow up.
4. The New York to Paris flight will leave on time.
5. Study your letters l through z for the next quiz.