Mechanics - Punctuation - Brackets
Use brackets to enclose comments, criticisms, or corrections inserted by someone other than the original writer or speaker.
Anyone who met him [the author] respected his authority.
Instructions: Place brackets where they are needed in these sentences.
1. Everyone who knew him the deceased recognized the loss to the community.
2. In his biography My Only Love he wrote about his job.
3. I think the day was the 3rd 4th that you were here.
4. The witness said, "I saw him the defendant coming out the back door."
5. With his new book The Last Day he should become a millionaire.