Parts of Speech - Adverbs
Not all adverbs are formed from adjectives. Some common ones are never, not, here, there, then, when, where, always, too, now, and very. Remember that adverbs tell us how, when, where, why, and how much and modify verbsVerbs show action or state of being. Most verbs are action words, but a few verbs indicate state of being or existence.
Source: Lesson 1, adjectivesAdjectives modify or affect the meaning of nouns and pronouns and tell us which, whose, what kind, and how many about the nouns or pronouns they modify.
Source: Lesson 31, or other adverbs.
Instructions: Find the adverbs in these sentences.
1. We cannot go to the movie now.
2. Yesterday it was a very hot day.
3. I have never been there before.
4. Your clothes are too rad.
5. Jane always had the right answer near.