Quiz for Lessons 196 - 200
Parts of the Sentence - Review
Instructions: Using all the knowledge learned in the previous lessons, find the verb, subjects, predicate nominatives, direct objects, appositives, nouns of address, adjectives, predicate adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, objects of the preposition, indirect objects, and objective complements in the following sentences. If there are any adjectives, adverbs, prepositional phrases, or indirect objects then tell what word they modify.
1. The hostess served her special guests a delicious meal.
aAdj deliciousAdj mealDO.
- The modifies hostess
- her and special modify guests
- guests modifies served
- a and delicious modify meal
2. Many young boys carry charms in their pockets for good luck.
theirAdj pocketsOoP forPrep goodAdj luckOoP.
- Many and young modify boys
- in their pockets modifies carry
- their modifies pockets
- for good luck modifies carry
- good modifies luck
3. The sunlight made the apple red.
- The modifies sunlight
- the modifies apple
- red modifies apple
4. Harry, was that man the owner of the winning horse?
theAdj winningAdj horseOoP?
- that modifies man
- the modifies owner
- of the winning horse modifies owner
- the and winning modifies horse
5. Reinforced concrete is famous for its strength.
- Reinforced modifies concrete
- famous modifies concrete
- for its strength modifies famous
- its modifies strength
6. The happy parents named their new daughter Joy.
- The and happy modify parents
- their and new modify daughter
7. Aunt Fern offered her children a part of the business.
partDO ofPrep theAdj businessOoP.
- her modifies children
- a modifies part
- of the business modifies part
- the modifies business