Quiz for Lessons 21-25
Parts of Speech - Pronouns
Instructions: Find the personal pronouns. Tell if they are intensive, reflexive, or possessive, and if they have an antecedent, name it.
1. I want you yourself to come tomorrow.
- yourself - intensive pronoun
- you is the antecedent for yourself
2. The decision itself is yours to make.
- itself - intensive pronoun
- yours - possessive pronoun
- decision is the antecedent for itself
3. She gave herself up to the police.
- herself - reflexive pronoun
- She is the antecedent for herself
4. My brother gave me his pet snake.
- My and his - possessive pronouns
- brother is the antecedent for his
5. You can tie your shoe by yourself.
- your - possessive pronoun
- yourself - reflexive pronoun
- You is the antecedent for your and yourself.