Quiz for Lessons 216 - 220
Parts of the Sentence - Verbals - Noun Infinitives
Instructions: Find the noun infinitives and the noun infinitive phrases in the following sentences and tell if they are used as a subject, a direct object, a predicate nominative, an appositive, or an object of a preposition.
1. To sit in judgment is a difficult task.
2. To waste time in class is foolishness.
3. To party and to sleep in were his only faults.
4. My grandfather wanted only to build a home and raise a family.
to build a homeDO and raise a familyDO.
5. Barbara hopes to be home soon.
6. His joys were to play soccer and to visit friends.
to visit friendsPN.
7. To save money for a rainy day is a good idea.
8. The man's goal was to go to college and to study law.
to study lawPN.
9. Everyone wants to be rewarded for one's efforts.
to be rewarded for one's effortsDO.
10. Our desire is nothing but to live happily.
to live happilyOoP.