Quiz for Lessons 261 - 265
Parts of the Sentence - Adverb Clauses
Instructions: Find the adverb dependent clause in the following sentences and tell which word it modifies.
1. I am hungrier than I thought.
- than I thought modifies hungrierPAdj
2. We left before the game was over.
- before the game was over modifies leftV
3. Lee is older than Bill.
- than Bill (is old) modifies olderPAdj
4. While I was waiting for the phone call, I read a book.
I read a book.
- While I was waiting for the phone call modifies readV
5. If you don't believe me, ask my wife.
- If you don't believe me modifies askV
6. Are you upset because I didn't call?
- because I didn't call modifies upsetPAdj
7. The alarm rang while I was in the shower.
- while I was in the shower modifies rangV
8. Open the window so that we can have some fresh air.
- so that we can have some fresh air modifies OpenV
9. Paul will take you home when you are ready.
- when you are ready modifies will takeV
10. You shouldn't say those things unless you are certain about their validity.
- unless you are certain about their validity modifies should sayV