Quiz for Lessons 61 - 65
Parts of Speech - Adverbs
Instructions: Find the adverbs and tell what they modify in the following sentences.
1. After the hike my muscles were extremely tired and very sore.
- extremely modifies tired
- very modifies sore
2. Yesterday I had hardly completed my very hard assignment when I was rudely interrupted.
- Yesterday and hardly modify had completed
- very modifies hard
- rudely modifies was interrupted
3. Gradually everyone reached the top of the mountain they had climbed before.
- Gradually modifies reached
- before modifies had climbed
4. Just now he remembered his rather important assignment.
- Just modifies now
- now modifies remembered
- rather modifies important
5. Often you go too far with your jokes.
- Often modifies go
- too modifies far
- far modifies go