Quiz for Lessons 256 - 260
Parts of the Sentence - Adjective Clauses
Instructions: Combine the following sentences using an adjective clause using the introductory words who, whose, whom, which, that, when, and where.
1. The occasion was a momentous one for all. All the family were together at last.
2. The site has several steep slopes. The million-dollar home will be built there.
3. The time was very exciting. Our team won the championship.
4. The author wrote the novel. He received a Pulitzer Prize.
5. I recall the time. There was no freeway to Salt Lake City then.
Instructions: Rewrite the following sentences placing the adjective clause in the correct place.
6. The little dog was running behind the boy that was growling and barking fiercely.
7. The trunk of the passenger was placed on the train which was covered with travel stickers.
8. A dog ran onto the football field which looked like the team mascot.
9. The car is now in our garage that was in a wreck yesterday.
10. The crickets were the targets of our poison bait which were destroying our crops.